Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Sinner's Work

     It has been a while since I last posted a sketch or anything, and it will be a while longer yet. Right now, I am living life and I am also fixing up my laptop to be my work station instead of my Tower. Due to circumstances, my Tower is in the same room as my son, and the only time I have to do anything comic book related is when I am at work and when my son is sleeping for whatever reason. Sadly, my Tower wakes my son up, so it's best I move over to my laptop.

     As for what I mean by my title, I highly encourage you to bring out your bible (used or unused, God only cares that you read it) and read. I will post the Parable I am going to talk about, but I still very much encourage you to read the bible to enjoy, think about or any reaction you so choose. God just wants you to come to know Him.

     "'What do you think? There was a man who had two sons. He went to the first and said 'Son, go and work today in the vineyard.'
'I will not.' He answered, but later he changed his mind and went.
Then the father went to the other son and said the same thing. He answered, 'I will, sir' but he did not go.
Which of the two did what his father wanted?..." Matthew 21:28-31

     Further into the parable, Jesus compared the taxpayers and prostitutes to the first son. I find it really interesting that, during this time, the community viewed the taxpayers and prostitutes as sinners. With this in mind, I have replaced the 'taxpayers and prostitutes' with 'sinners' and this entire story suddenly becomes very clear cut.
     Christian or not, a person will most often say that they will do something only to not do it. Yet, when we say 'no' suddenly we really want to do exactly that. Humans are simply amazing.
     In my personal life, when it came to the very idea of comic book making, I had stated that I would never make it my career believing that 'starving artist' will not apply to myself. I have ran from the world that I love so much to seek worldly happiness.
     Worldly happiness is a sin. Seeking happiness in God is where true happiness will be found, and I embrace it with my all now. I accept that God will work through my comics to touch upon those that are where I had been. I envision a youngster sitting in a bookstore or library reading a comic book that will guide them to a life fulfilling.
     I thank God for everything in my life for I see now. I pray that you, my reader, will also see through God's eyes, to gain true knowledge and true happiness.

     As for where I stand on my comic, I am still on a standstill while I transfer from my hard copies onto my laptop. Comic books weren't made in one day, it really does take time. Still worth while.

     Please come back again Sunday, perhaps I have finally blown up this dagum boulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment